What if one of your clients has an emergency on vacation and needs a translator, medical referral or cash transfer? You know the value of travel insurance for protecting your customers’ trips from certain unforeseen mishaps such as baggage loss or flight delays, or a covered situation that could require them to cancel their trip. But did you know that CSA’s travel insurance plans include services that allow travelers to get help with emergency situations that could come up during their trip, such as Identity Theft Resolution?
Highlighting the services available with a CSA plan during the booking process may help your customers decide that a travel insurance plan is right for them – and each plan sold can mean additional revenue and even increased customer satisfaction for you. Here’s a rundown of the assistance services included with most of our travel insurance plans and how they can work for your clients (services are provided by CSA’s designated provider):
Identity Theft Resolution
20% of travelers reported that an item with sensitive information was lost or stolen while on a trip, according to the 2015 Experian Summer Travel and Budgeting Report.
Everyone should be on guard about identity theft, but it’s something that travelers should be especially wary of, as they’re usually carrying documents, IDs and credit cards in unfamiliar places. You can help your clients understand this service designed to help them if their identity is compromised during their vacation.
CSA’s ID Theft Resolution Service* includes:
- Contacting creditors to notify them about fraudulent activity and request to cancel affected cards and issue new ones.
- Assist with reporting the fraudulent activity to local authorities and forwarding a report to creditors.
- Providing the traveler with a helpful ID Theft Resolution Kit.
- Assistance in notifying banks or other agencies if identification such as an ATM card, passport or driver’s license is stolen.
- Credit monitoring for one year, once it is proven that the traveler is the victim of ID theft.
- Education about how ID theft happens and tips on protective measures for the future.
Travelers who buy a CSA travel insurance plan will not only have access to this service while on vacation, but also after their trip, since often times travelers don’t notice the theft until they arrive home. ID Theft Resolution Service is automatically included for a full 180 days starting on the traveler’s scheduled departure date.
On Demand Medical Care
Getting sick on vacation is never fun, but it doesn’t have to be difficult for your customers to find what they need if that happens. With just one call, we can provide them with immediate access to on-call physicians, medical advice and even referral to a physician near them using CSA’s designated provider network of 30,000 physicians and 850,000 service providers worldwide.
Teladoc† connects travelers instantly with a network of physicians for information, advice, and treatment, including prescription medication, when appropriate.
With No Out-of-Pocket Medical, if a CSA policyholder get sick or injured while traveling in an area where this service is available, we can get them to a trusted provider and even handle the payment up front for acute treatments up to $1,000.
24-Hour Emergency Assistance Services
These services offer on-the-spot and immediate assistance for unexpected problems that can arise during a trip. The hotline operates 24/7 for help anytime, anyplace while traveling.
If an emergency occurs during a trip that requires your client to visit a doctor, they should call the Emergency Hotline to obtain the names of local qualified doctors who speak their language. If additional medical services are required, the assistance provider is prepared to consult with the attending physician and provide assistance services that they believe is in your client’s best interest.
Traveling Companion Assistance
If a traveling companion loses previously-made travel arrangements due to your client’s medical emergency, a qualified assistance provider will arrange for the traveling companion’s return home.
Emergency Cash Transfer
If your client’s cash or traveler’s checks are lost or stolen, or unanticipated emergency expenses are incurred, our assistance provider will help arrange for an emergency cash transfer in currency, traveler’s checks or other forms as deemed acceptable by the assistance provider. They will advance up to $500 to the traveler, contingent upon a guarantee acceptable to the assistance provider, which will need to be reimbursed as soon as possible.
The assistance provider will locate attorneys available during regular working hours. Assistance will also be provided to advance bail bond, where permitted by law. Planholders are responsible for contracted legal fees.
Locating Lost or Stolen Items
This service offers help locating and replacing lost or stolen luggage, documents and personal possessions.
Replacement of Medication and Eyeglasses‡
Arrangements can be made to fill a prescription that has been lost, stolen or requires a refill whenever possible (subject to local law). They will also arrange for shipment to replace your client’s eyeglasses.
Embassy and Consular Services
Referrals can be arranged for travelers needing the assistance of U.S. embassies and consulates.
Worldwide Medical Information
Information can be provided, such as necessary inoculation and vaccination information, and detailed general health and medical descriptions of destinations around the world.
Your client can call the assistance provider for help with interpretation in all major languages or will be referred to a translation service for written documents.
Emergency Message Relay
Emergency messages can be relayed to and from your client’s friends, relatives, personal physicians and employers .
If your client is traveling with a pet and experiences a medical emergency, this service can provide arrangements to return the pet to their home.
If your client experiences a medical emergency or mechanical problem with their vehicle that prevents them from driving, this service can make arrangements to return the vehicle to their home or the closest rental agency.
Would your customers like access to a service that offers pre-trip assistance, help scheduling golf tee times, making restaurant, airline and rental car reservations, and ticketing for entertainment and other special events? Most CSA plans will give them access to Concierge Services§ that can help them with those situations and more.
Here’s an overview of what’s included with Concierge Services:
- City profiles: provides travelers access to information on over 10,000 destinations worldwide, including a complete report on local entertainment, social customs, and health advisories
- Epicurean needs: arranges the delivery of specialized foods and beverages to home or office, including gourmet food and fine wine
- Event ticketing: provides tickets to virtually any sporting, theater or concert event worldwide
- Flowers and gift baskets: includes the purchase and shipment of flowers and gift baskets to friends, family members and business associates
- Golf outings and tee times: provides referrals and tee times at golf courses around the world
- Hotel accommodations: offers research and recommendations on hotels worldwide and can book reservations if requested
- Meet-and-greet services: arranges for pick-ups of friends, family members or business associates at airports or other common carrier destinations by limousine personnel
- Personalized retail shopping assistance: includes purchasing selected retail items at your request
- Procurement of hard-to-find items: our service provider will use every means possible to obtain an obscure or exotic item at your request
- Pre-trip assistance: provides information on travel destinations, city profiles, weather, special events, ATM locations, currency exchange rates, immunization and passport requirements as well as related services
- Restaurant reviews and reservations: provides information on restaurants worldwide and the ability to book reservations from anywhere, anytime
- Rental car reservations: provide worldwide reservations through most major rental car agencies
- Airline reservations: provide full-service air travel accommodations to destinations worldwide
- Pet services locator: helps travelers find pet-related services such as veterinarians and pet sitters
*ID Theft Resolution does not include assistance for thefts involving non-U.S. bank accounts.
†Teladoc services may not be available in all states, and international services may be limited.
‡ Costs for shipping of medication or eyeglasses, or a prescription refill, etc. the responsibility of the insured.
§This is a service to research, refer, arrange and/or place a reservation. The actual costs of goods will need to be paid by the traveler.
Travel insurance plans are administered by Customized Services Administrators, Inc., CA Lic. No. 0821931, located in San Diego, CA and doing business as CSA Travel Protection and Insurance Services. Plans are available to residents of the U.S. but may not be available in all jurisdictions. Benefits and services are described on a general basis; certain conditions and exclusions apply.
Travel insurance plans are underwritten by: Generali U.S. Branch, New York, NY; NAIC # 11231. Generali US Branch operates under the following names: Generali Assicurazioni Generali S.P.A. (U.S. Branch) in California, Assicurazioni Generali – U.S. Branch in Colorado, Generali U.S. Branch DBA The General Insurance Company of Trieste & Venice in Oregon, and The General Insurance Company of Trieste and Venice – U.S. Branch in Virginia. Generali US Branch is admitted or licensed to do business in all states and the District of Columbia.
A243 16 07